Nothing hits at the gym as much as a workout playlist cover song that you didn’t expect.
The right workout music is necessary for many people at the gym.
The right playlist with the right music can take you from feeling lazy to feeling energized and ready to go.
Whether yours hitting it hard or cooling down drinking a protein shake from your favorite electric shaker bottle, the right music is a vibe.
Every playlist needs a few cover songs in it. But, not just any cover song.
Good workout music needs to motivate. Good music puts you in the zone. It helps you focus. It boosts your mood and your energy.
So Why Do I Need Workout Playlist Cover Songs?
The right cover song just feels different.
Taking workout music you already love and hearing it when it randomly plays while at the gym always helps push us further and get more out of our workouts.
But hearing a fresh take on that same song, mid-workout? Inspiring. It slaps you in the face. This isn’t what you were expecting. It’s a shock to the senses. You feel motivation increasing, your heart rate speeding up.
The right workout music cover song makes a good playlist, better.
Let’s look at the 43 Workout Playlist Cover Songs you need for your next trip to the gym.
43 Workout Playlist Cover Songs You Need Now
1. The Ataris – Boys of Summer
2. Fall Out Boy – Beat It
3. Eagles of Death Metal – Stuck In The Metal
This workout playlist cover song of the Stealers Wheel classic is a curveball, but a must-listen.
4. New Found Glory – Eye of the Tiger
5. Cancer Bats – Sabotage
6. Black Stone Cherry – Don’t Bring My Down
7. New Found Glory – I Wanna Be Sedated
The Ramones workout playlist cover song by New Found Gory is the cover song you didn’t know you needed.
8. Seether – Careless Whisper
9. Avenged Sevenfold – Walk
10. Hugo – 99 Problems
Hugo was a one hit wonder, but this song was a legit release and a worthy workout playlist cover song.
11. Spoken – Time After Time
12. Far – Pony
13. Asking Alexandria – Closer
14. The Anix – Digital Bath
The original song by the Deftones is already on my workout playlist, and this version easily earned an added to my workout playlist cover song rotation.
15. Less Than Jake – Surrender
16. STRFKR – Girls Just Want To Have Fun
17. Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson – Helter Skelter
18. Cake – I Will Survive
19. Reel Big Fish – Take On Me
20. Rage Against The Machine – The Ghost of Tom Joad
21. Alesana – What Goes Around…
22. Goldfinger – Just Like Heaven
23. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Higher Ground
24. Run D.M.C. – Walk This Way
The Aeroesmith and Run D.M.C. was one of the first mashups of rock and rap, and a fantastic workout playlist cover song.
25. Ghoti Hook – Where Is My Mind
26. the bird and the bee
27. Bullet For My Valentine – Radioactive
28. Limp Bizkit – Faith
Not many workout playlist cover songs were popular enough to earn radio play, but the Limp Bizkit cover of the George Michael hit did just that.
29. Architects – Change (In The House Of Flies)
30. Taking Back Sunday – Bullet With Butterfly Wings
31. Chiodos – Flagpole Sitta
32. Artist Vs Poet – Bad Romance
33. Falling In Reverse – Gangsta’s Paradise
34. The Animal In Me – Never Gonna Give You Up
35. Mayday Parade – We Are The Champions
36. Without Me – DCCM
37. Our Last Night – HUMBLE.
38. Archers – The Hills
39. Something You Whisper – Heathens
40. Van Halen – You Really Got Me
41. Chet Faker – No Diggity
Its a smooth version of the Blackstreet classic, but worthy of being on your workout playlist cover song rotation.
42. Crystal Lake – Rollin
43. Marilyn Manson – Tainted Love
What Are The Best Workout Playlist Cover Songs?
There are a lot of good workout playlist covers out there, and certainly, a lot of them are worthy of your workout playlist cover song routine at the gym.
And while a cover song might be a good song, it might not be a song you would want to hear at the gym. A good workout playlist cover song needs to be a song that inspires you to dig deeper, move faster, or give more effort.
A proper workout song keeps you in the mental zone. It makes you want to put in more effort. A good playlist cover gym goers who benefit from the cover songs that push them harder.
Keep in mind, that these songs are not just for working out. These songs also make some great running playlist covers as well.
The right workout music at the right time can take your workout to the next level. So bring the right workout playlist cover song music is a big deal.
Where Can I Hear These Workout Playlist Cover Songs?
Above are direct links to YouTube for each song. Additionally, most of these songs can be heard on Spotify, Apple Music, or anywhere else that has streaming. I personally listen to a Spotify workout playlist cover songs that I have made for myself.
Whatever you use, start adding these songs, and add your own to make your workout awesome!